International Student applicants are nationals of a country other than the Philippines holding a foreign passport and who have been issued a valid Student Visa or Special Study Permit or Permanent Residency Visa by the appropriate Philippine agency. It also includes those who claim dual citizenship.
1.1.a Student Visa or Special Study Permit
1.1.b Passed the UPHS Admission Test
1.1.c Met the IFLCD English Requirement
1.2 Student Visa (www.dfa.gov.ph / www.bid.gov.ph)
A student visa or special study permit is required before any international student can officially enroll and the documents to be submitted must be written in English or has an English translation.
1.3 Documents required to get a student visa
1. Duly notarized letter request from applicant.
2. Duly notarized general application form accomplished by the applicant (BI Form NO. MCL-07-001).
3. Original Copy of Notice of Acceptance ( NOA ) containing a clear impression of the school's official dry seal or duly notarized written endorsement from the school for conversion of the applicant's status signed by the School Registrar.
4. Original copy of medical certificate issued by the Bureau of Quarantine and International Health Surveillance or a government medical institution with competence to certify that the applicant is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease and is mentally fit.
5. Photocopy of applicant's passport ( bio-page latest admission and authorized stay ).
6. National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) Clearance.
1.4 Requirements for the issuance of NOA by the University
1. Transcript of Records / Scholastic Records, duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or consulate in the applicant's country of origin or legal residence. " SEEN and NOTED" stamp is not acceptable.
2. A notarized Affidavit of Support and proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for student's accommodation and subsistence, school dues and other incidental expenses. For scholars, certificate of Scholarship from the institution concerned.
3. Authenticated copy of Birth Certificate.
4. Original Copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) isssued by the Commission of Higher Education (CHED) for MEDICINE and DENTISTRY students.
5. Enrollment Form / Receipt of Payment.
6. Original copy of the 1998 Revised Personal History Statement (PHS). Duly accomplished and signed by the applicant in English and in national alphabet, accompanied by personal seal if any, with original left and right thumb prints and original photos.
1. Submit photocopies ( verified against the original ) of the listed documents ( 1.3 & 1.4 ) to the IEA Office thru the Admission Officer.
2. Interview by the IEA Executive Director or her representative.
3. Assessment of the Scholastic Records / Interview by the College Dean
4. Pay the Foreign Student Admission / Processing fee at the Finance Office.
5. Applicants from non-English speaking country will take the English Assessment Test.
*The result of the English Assessment Test is a requirement prior to enrollment.
6. Take the Admission Tests at the Guidance Office.
7. Verify result with the IEA Office.
8. Applicants who made it will be issued the following letters.
* Notice of Acceptance from the Registrar.
* Endorsement letter for the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation.
9. Apply for a student visa and I-Card / ACR at Bureau of Immigration and Deportation, Manila.
10. The student may enroll upon submission of the student visa, I-Card / ACR and English Proficiency Certificate