College of Law
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is a co-educational and non-sectarian learning institution. It was established in 1975 as Perpetual Help College of Rizal, was granted the university status in the year 1997 and was renamed the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA.
In 1997, Perpetual Help College of Rizal was granted its university status paving its way to greater achievements in the College of Law. The College of Law of Perpetual started its operations in the year 1994 with Justice Edgardo L. Paras as its first dean for the first semester. The pioneer professors were Justice Minita V. Chico-Nazario (present Dean), Justice Ricardo Galvez , Justice Maria Losa, Judge Edilberto Sandoval, Atty. Jack Jimenez, Atty. Eugene Paras and Rev. Pastor Bing Oyos, They were 32 pioneer students who enrolled with 18 males and 14 females.
By the second semester of the year 1994 and until March 2009, Justice Isagani Cruz became its second Dean. Atty. Joe-Santos Bisquerra became the third Dean from 2009 to 2011. Currently, the fourth Dean is in the person of Justice Minita V. Chico-Nazario.
In 2000, the UPHR College of Law was declared the third best school, out of the 10 Best Law Schools in the Bar. According to an article written by former Chief Justice Panganiban, the school is one of the top performing schools in the Philippines for the last five years.
By the year 2005, it produced a 6th placer in the bar exams in the person of Gladys V. Gervacio, earning a perfect 100% in two bar subjects – Legal Ethics and Labor Law. Since then, the College of Law is consistent in being one of the top ten best law schools in the Philippines. Considering the fact that most of the students of Perpetual are working either full time or part time, Perpetual is making its way to the top attracting an increasing number of student enrollees year after year.
From June 2011 up to the present, Dean – Justice Minita V. Chico-Nazario sat at the helm of the College of Law to steer the college towards the attainment of their vision, mission, and philosophies.
Today, UPHSD College of Law is now on its 24th year.
When classes commence, students are visibly delighted with the most impressive line-up of professors who are Justices, Judges, Assistant Solicitor General, Prosecutor, retired counsels and lawyers. Most of them are bar topnotchers and holders of masteral degrees. It must be emphasized that two (2) of its Faculty member are Judicial Excellence Awardee for the first level courts, Judge Emily L. San Gaspar-Gito and , Justice Myra Fernandez. Recently, 3 faculty members were promoted to Supreme Court Justice from Sandigan Bayan Justice Alexander G. Gesmundo, Atty. Abigail S. Domingo-Laylo appointed as Judge, Malabon RTC and Atty. Mary Glenn Moldez appointed as Public Prosecutor Muntinlupa City and even its Administrative Officer is a retired Judge, and the Administrative Assistant is a former training officer of the DILG who are always ready to accommodate or assist everyone with a smile.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA believes and invokes Divine Guidance in the betterment of the quality of life through national development and transformation, which are predicted upon the quality of education of its people. Towards this end, the institution is committed to the ideals of teaching, community service, and research, as it natures the value of “Helpers of God” with, “Character Building is Nation Building’ as its guiding principle.
The school aims to be at par with the top Manila law schools. It seeks to foster excellence in legal education by promoting scholarly academic pursuits among its faculty and providing students with the legal knowledge and competence preparing them to become productive and successful lawyers of sound moral values. It is further committed to enhance higher legal education through its exemplary academic program, and to contribute to the improvement of the law through other forms of public service.
To inculcate in its students a proper appreciation and understanding of law as an instrument for the highest interests of the nation. The college also strives to prepare its students for the practice of law as a career with full fidelity to the lofty standards of the legal profession and the demands of responsible citizenship. It is the aim of the College of Law to provide legal education and instill the Perpetual Creed that “Character building is Nation building” to future members of the legal profession.
Go where Justices, Judges, Prosecutors, Excellence Awardees, BAR reviewers, BAR examiners and legal experts in their respective fields will lead you to become successful lawyers.
We give you ready access to the country’s best legal minds.
Why Study Law in Perpetual Help?
The College of Law gives you ready access to the Philippine’s best legal minds. As our Dean, we have former Associate Justice of the Supreme Court – Dean Minita V. Chico-Nazario (ret.) who is a Hall of Fame Awardee, Associate Justice of the Court of Appeals – Justice Zenaida G. Laguilles(on leave), Justice Amelita G. Tolentino, Assistant Solicitor General John Emmanuel F. Madamba, RTC Judge Emily L. San Gaspar-Gito, a Judicial Excellence Awardee, and a number of Judges, Justices, BAR Reviewers, BAR Examiner in our roster of faculty.
- Case decongestion officer
- Legal Researcher
- Court Interpreter
- Clerk of Court
Entrance Scholarship SY 2018-2019
- The scholarship is open to all students, whether new or transferees, who are graduates of any bachelor degree with academic honors.
- The applicant must be a PhilSAT exam passer with the score of not less than 55% as determined by the Legal Education Board.
- He/she must also pass the written admission test with at least 80% score and the Dean’s interview.
- Qualified applicants shall be entitled to the following discounts:
- Full scholarship – 100% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fee plus books
- Summa Cum Laude
- GWA 100% – 97%
- Summa Cum Laude
- 100% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fee
- Magna Cum Laude
- GWA 96% – 93%
- Magna Cum Laude
- 100% discount on tuition fees ONLY
- Cum Laude
- GWA 92% – 89%
- Top 10
- Top 1-5
- 75% discount on tuition fee only
- GWA required 88% – 90%
- Top 6-10
- 50% discount on tuition fee only
- GWA required 85% – 87%
- Top 1-5
- Cum Laude
- The applicant must enroll at least the regular load for the semester. Once enrolled, it is understood that the student must not obtain a grade lower than 85% in any subject and the GWA per semester must be at least 85% to continue enjoying the privilege.
- ID picture – 4 pcs. of 2×2 and 2 pcs. of 1×1 colored, white background (latest or taken at least within 6 months prior to enrollment)
- Original copy of Certificate of Good Moral Character from School Registrar/ Employer / Brgy. Chairman
- Original copy and 2 photocopies of the official Transcript of Records issued by the Registrar from previous school with remarks: Copy for University of Perpetual Help
- College Diploma – Certified true copy of School Registrar or Notary Public
- Original copy of birth certificate (PSA copy)
- Long brown envelope