Bachelor of Arts in Communication (BA Comm)
Nature of the Field of Study
Communication as a field of study covers the various ways by which humans communicate. It focuses on how verbal and non-verbal messages are used to create meanings in different contexts using diverse platforms. It includes a broad range of subject matter raging from the study of communication in interpersonal relationships, groups, organizations and cultures.
(CMO No. 35 Series of 2017)
Why Study Communication in Perpetual Help?
A Perpetualite Communication Student always thinks outside the box
Aside from developing globally competitive communication generalists who are equipped with life-long learning skills and technical competencies, our communication students always go beyond the ordinary and thinks from a new perspective in creating cutting edge curricular and co-curricular projects and activities.
The BA Communication Program of UPHSD started the ALTA Media Icon Awards (AMIA), Perpetualite TV, Perpetualite Radio, and the Oplan Kinabookasan.
- Writer for quad media (including theater, film, advertising)
- Director for quad media (including theater, film, advertising, events)
- Journalist/news anchor/reporter (broadcast and print)
- Producer for quad media (including theater, film, advertising)
- Editor (print, video, film)
- Graphic/layout artist
- Designers (set, costume, lights, sound)
- Web content developer
- Social media strategist
- Communications planning manager
- Corporate communications director
- Promotions/publicity manager
- Communications research specialist
- Actor/recording artist/composer(performer)
- Events manager
- Copy editor/proofreader
- Sound specialist/director
- Radio jocks
- Account managers
- Art director
Insert activity title here