Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
Midwifery practice in the Philippines has been recognized as one of the primary health care services for the people, particularly those living in far-flung communities. The role of midwives had been expanded to address the basic health service needs of birth giving mothers and their infants. Midwifery Education must be able to respond to these needs by producing midwives who have up-to-date knowledge and skills and the right attitude necessary to render midwifery services with competency and dedication.
It is, therefore, a declared policy of the CHED that midwifery education shall be responsive,
Relevant and up-to-date with emerging national and global midwifery practices and development
And shall aim at attaining quality educational standards through voluntary accreditation.
This will make possible the promotion of excellence in midwifery education and will improve standards of the nationally recognized core competencies and guiding principles set by the Commission on Higher Education and the Professional Regulation Commission. The health industry needs proactive midwives with core knowledge, skill and attitude to carry-out their scope of work through efficient professional practice and a lifelong passion for learning.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA believes and invokes Divine Guidance in the betterment of the quality of life through national development and transformation, which are predicated upon the quality of education of its people. Towards, this end, the institution is committed to the ideals of teaching, community service, and research as it nurtures the value of `Helpers of God` with “Character Building is Nation Building” as its guiding principle.
The UPHSD School of Midwifery and Nursing Related Programs is committed to produce Midwives, Health care providers and Caregivers who are globally competitive, willing and able to render quality health care to different kinds of clientele in different health care settings.
The School of Midwifery and Nursing Related Programs is dedicated to educate, train and develop its students to become competent, committed, responsible and caring health care providers who would pass qualifying examinations/certifications and be excellent and preferred health care provider locally and globally.
Why Study Midwifery in Perpetual Help?
- The UPHSD provides quality education
- With international certification ISO 2015
- Granted Autonomous Status by CHED
- Accessible to residents of Las Pinas, Muntinlupa, Paranaque and Cavite
- With competent and qualified faculty members.
- Air-conditioned classrooms
- Sports and co-curricular activities are provided (Gym/Oval field, swimming pool)
- Secured and safe environment (CCTV monitoring in significant areas, I.D. turn style roaming security guards and observance of data privacy of student records)
- Active Community extension programs and research activities
- Continues development of facilities and resources
- Available Campus Ministry services (Daily Mass at the Chapel, Wednesday novena, Spiritual Counselling, Confession as needed, Retreats, Recollections &Pilgrimage)
- Awareness in Culture and arts Performances
- Job Fair for graduating students and working students
- Environment friendly (Zero Waste Management, Clean As You Go (CLAYGO)
- Rural Health Midwife
- Private-Duty Midwife
- Health Educator/Community Organizer
- Family Planning Consultant
- Nutrition Counselor
- Overseas/Global employment