The College opened its doors to the then quaint municipal town of Las Piñas with its first dean, Dr. Nelai S. Tan-Liu, FPSP. From its humble birth, the College has early on and even at present continuously support the University’s thrust for nation-building by producing medical technology graduates who will become future leaders in diagnostic health care. Testament to this objective are the many board passers the College has given and in the recent four years (2010-2013) its average institutional performance is higher than the national passing percentage, 75.71% and 71.04% respectively. An even fortunate reward of the College’s efforts is the palcing of Ms. Gayle Ivon B. Bonzo as No. 10 Topnotch Examinee in the March 2012 board exams.
Contiguous with university national thrust, the College is at its heart determined to make medical technology graduates as men and women who are well versed in the cognitive and practical skills of healthcare diagnostics. At present the College is offering the government mandated revised BS Medical Technology curriculum (CMO 14 s2006). Besides being an academic institution which can prescribe curricular enhancements to the prototype curriculum, the College is given a medical technology laboratory room which aid its program instructors of learning and skills transfer to students they are teaching. The support services of the University also coordinates with the College in planning student enrichment activities that will complement didactic instruction given in classes. Additionally, the University even provides mentoring seminars that equips the College’s faculty instructors in teaching students with diverse needs and varied progress developments.
The College is a member in good standing to the Philippine Association of Schools of Medical Technology and Public Health. The association promotes best teaching practices in its conventions and symposia, which is in consonance in the spirit of the men and women behind the College.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology is a four year program which trains students in the performance of laboratory test procedures and analyses used in the detection, diagnosis, prognosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, with the use of modern equipment and scientific techniques.
The first three years deals with the assimilation of knowledge from the broad spectrum of ciences. The last semester before graduation is devoted to intensive hands on experiences in CHED accredited hospitals. At the end of the four-year course, students are competent in scientific research, methods, and processes having acquired skills in instrumentation, laboratory diagnosis, methodology, and life-saving procedures. Moreover, students gain desirable qualities, positive attitudes, and Christian values needed to become competitive and effective members of the health care delivery system.
Make a difference in the lives of others and achieve a lifetime of personal and professional satisfaction through Medical Technology!
WHY CHOOSE PERPETUAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST
- It is a university educational institution conveniently located south of Metro Manila
- It is proximate to Cavite, Parañaque, and Muntinlupa areas.
- It has a tertiary teaching hospital, the University of Perpetual Help Medical Center
- We have produced board topnotchers, most recent of which is Gayle Ivon B. Bonzo, 10th Place, Medical Technolgooy Licensure Examinations, March 2012.
- Clinical Laboratory Practice – Medical Technology Analyst, Medical Technology Specialist, Supervising Medical Technologist, Chief Medical Technologist
- Diagnostic Services Provider – Technical Specialist, (Sales) Area/Unit Manager, Country Manager, Regional Manager
- Research Work – Clinical Research Assistant or Associate
- Medical Technology Education – Instructor, Professor, Dean, School Administrator
- In Government Regulatory Affairs – Inspectors, Administrative Officers, Deputy Program Managers
PROGRAM AFFILIATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
Affiliated Internship Training Institutions
- University of Perpetual Help Medical Center
- Manila Adventist Medical Center
- San Lazaro Hospital
- PACUCOA Level II Accredited Status
- Philippine Association of Schools of Medical Technology and Public Health