Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd)
The BPEd is a four-year program aimed at equipping graduates with the competencies to meet the psychomotor, cognitive, and affective needs of learners.
These consist of 1) a strong and substantial foundation of the subject matter (disciplinary knowledge) that informs their curricular choices when planning, designing, implementing and assessing learning activities (curriculum and program planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation); 2) an understanding of the scope and sequence of various movement forms, as well as, elements strategies, and tactics of these various movements in a multitude of settings (movement competency and proficiency) that enables them to meet the needs of learners to know how, be able to do, and how to learn; 3) expert knowledge of pedagogy for maximizing student engagement, mentoring students, and modeling respect for differences in gender, ability, and culture; 4) reflective practice that propels them to set high standards for and hold themselves accountable to the professional standards (professional accountability and responsibility), enables them to identify gaps in their current competencies and pursue professional development opportunities; and 5) building and cultivating relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and other professionals and learning communities; advocating for P.E.; being role models of integrity and professional excellence, as well as leaders in the service of education.
Why Study Physical Education
in Perpetual Help?
- High caliber faculty members
- Founding Member of University Mobility in Asia and in the Pacific (UMAP)
- Eligible for Student and Faculty Exchange through any 31 University Mobility in Asia and in the Pacific (UMAP) member countries.
- All Faculty are competent along their line of specialization
- 100% Licensed Professional Teachers
- All Faculty Members are full-fledged Master’s Degree Holders
- 99% of the Faculty Members are Doctorate Degree Holders
- Faculty Members were awarded the Ambassador’s Choice Excellence Asian Awards 2018
- Faculty Members were awarded the Asia Pacific Excellence Citation 2018
- The Dean was awarded “2018 Outstanding Dean Advocate of the Year – Ambassador for Higher Education Service” during the 39th People’s Choice Award Ceremony
- The Dean and the Faculty Members were awarded the Asia Pacific Excellence Award – National Citation 2018
- The Dean and Faculty Members were awarded “THE S.T.A.R. TEACHER” Award by the Consortium of the South (COTS)
- Physical Education Teacher in Basic Education
- Dance Moderator
- Sports Club Moderator
- School-based Sports Program and Events Moderator/Coordinator
- Curriculum Developer
- Tutorial Center Owner
Araw ng Wika 2018